Digital Media Management (DMM) is a leading full-service digital agency, content studio, and incubator specializing in social-first, “always-entertaining” marketing. As pioneers of Hollywood’s “digital manager” role, DMM helps their celebrity clients elevate their digital footprint, connect with fans, and engage new audiences. DMM works with movie studios, television networks, streaming services, and consumer brands to create groundbreaking social media campaigns via fan activations, innovative content creation, results-driven paid media planning and strategic influencer-brand partnerships.
We are currently seeking a Controller in our LA office to join our Operations team and oversee the finance functions of the company. The Controller will be responsible for developing and managing the company P&L, all financial reporting needs, various finance processes, and oversee the team responsible for Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting function, including A/R, A/P, Reporting, GL, and Revenue Recognition
- Manage and mentor the accounting team
- Manage and develop accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes and reporting
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Prepare budget and establish schedules and process to manage
- Manage Cash Flow and P&L
- Partner with Operations team to process payroll
- Prepare internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Identify and create infrastructure, policies, and controls to support DMM as we scale
- Partner with an external account to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- 4-6 years of experience in accounting or finance
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with others at all levels of the organization
- Well organized, data-driven and analytical
- Extensive knowledge of financial systems, especially in Quickbooks and/or other treasury systems
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task with competing priorities; make decisions under pressure and work under tight deadlines; delivering accurate, on time, high-quality work
Company culture you ask? Our company culture is casual, fun, and empowering. Having a sense of humor and perhaps a slight obsession with Lizzo is helpful. There is a lot of room for growth in this role! That’s right, no glass ceiling and room to learn.
Please send us your resume and salary expectations, as well as a cover letter as to why you believe you would be a perfect candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Media Management is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate difference and are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.