Digital Media Management (DMM) is a leading full-service digital agency, content studio, and incubator specializing in social-first, “always-entertaining” marketing. DMM works with movie studios, television networks, streaming services, and consumer brands to create groundbreaking social media campaigns via fan activations, innovative content creation, results-driven paid media planning and strategic influencer-brand partnerships.
We are looking for an experienced Associate Director, Business Development to join our Los Angeles-based team. The Associate Director, New Business is responsible for overseeing and steering all new business relationships at DMM. In collaboration with the CEO and EVP, this role will be responsible for overseeing and attracting new client pitches and RFPs, as well as create and maintain all new business materials such as company capabilities decks. The Associate Director of New Business will help lead the company into new markets and help look for opportunities to expand into the existing market of the entertainment industry.
- Learn DMM’s core capabilities in order to effectively oversee all Business Development initiatives for the company and its subsidiaries
- Understand the business offering and what’s on the horizon for the next 2 years
- Work with CEO and EVP on establishing new ways of packaging combined services
- Be intimately familiar with the competitive landscape to keep DMM at the cutting edge of our industry(s)
- Make innovative and strategic recommendations to expand our capabilities and the business to grow revenue in new markets
- Strive to establish at least 2 new key client relationships per quarter
- Partner with Accounts team leaders to identify and track new business opportunities
- Build rapport with our existing client contacts and decision-makers
- Be able to pitch any of our services to any of our clients in calls and in meetings
- Tap into a personal network of contacts, as appropriate, to expand DMM’s client base
- Attend client meetings and gather information critical to a successful RFP process for each campaign
- Project manage the RFP process for several campaigns simultaneously, (people, deadlines, resources)
- Partner internal teams to manage and create decks, talking points, and presentations customized to each campaign that DMM pitches on
- Approve all pitch materials (creative and content) before it is presented in a client setting
- Oversee the polishing and creation of reusable decks, templates, and materials
- Supervise the Business Development Team, consisting of a Director and team of Social Strategists
- Oversee all activities for the Business Development department
- Monitor performance, participate in hiring, and mentor/develop each member of the team
- Remain vigilant in fostering DMM’s Diversity mindset and values in order to shy away from work that could be considered offensive to certain marginalized groups, and to actively seek out projects that champion social justice, diversity and reflect our core values
- Extensive knowledge of digital agency-specific business development experience
Apply? Click Here
Company culture you ask? Our company culture is casual, fun, and empowering. There is a lot of room for growth in this role! That’s right, no glass ceiling and room to learn.
Digital Media Management is an equal opportunity employer. We work together to create a space that fosters diversity and inclusion across race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, national origin, and veteran status. Our diversity strategy is simple: grow a team of creative, innovative, passionate people from varied backgrounds to produce best-in-class digital campaigns.