We are looking for a proactive, self-starting Communications Manager to spearhead our corporate communications strategy and establish an ongoing presence in the press. We need a go-getter who can think outside of the box and pursue creative and original ways to increase awareness about our company, properties and ventures. This position will be responsible for pitching and executing campaigns that have a positive impact.
- Pitch press outlets to secure coverage for our company and our digital ventures
- Develop long-range press strategy and help set the vision for how DMM will be perceived in the world
- Build a network of media contacts and foster positive relationships
- Bolster DMM’s identity specific to industry trades
- Identify media partners with whom you will establish a schedule of upcoming DMM related press
- Establish and maintain an ongoing presence in the press from a variety of media sources
- Maintain a master calendar of industry events, and create a strategy for each event
- Identify and secure speaking opportunities at conferences and exhibitions
- Support b-to-b direct outreach, including business development and ad sales sectors, by maintaining email lists and developing associated newsletter/outreach.
- Manage our corporate social presence (i.e., LinkedIn, FB, Twitter, IG, YouTube, etc.)
- Ensure our corporate website is cutting-edge, innovative, and up-to-date
- Calendar, develop and manage our awards strategy. Lead effort to prepare submission packages and work with appropriate team members internally.
- Compose news releases and other media materials
- Research industry trends and communicate/educate internally
- Ensure DMM involvement with events, initiatives and campaigns that are trending in our industry
- Oversee our corporate communications
The ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with a social media or marketing agency, and/or entertainment industry experience
- Strong contacts at various consumer & trade publications, both online and print
- Knowledge of current social media trends
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent training)
Send us your resume and salary expectations when applying. Please include a cover letter and tell us why you believe you’d be a perfect fit for the role. Send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a few links to press you have generated.
Digital Media Management is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate difference and are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Published by: admin